WorleyParsons has over 30 years of experience in processing heavy oil from fields located in Canada, Oman, Yemen, China, Venezuela, and the United States. WorleyParsons has designed heavy oil facilities for oil gravities ranging from 6º API to 20º API.
WorleyParsons has designed integrated thermal recovery facilities for heavy oil containing hydrogen sulfide, high paraffin content, asphaltenes, salt, sand, and other inorganic contaminants. In addition, we specialize in Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS), Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) and Vapour Solvent Extraction (VAPEX) together with a variety of other thermal recovery processes.
We are at the forefront of new technology, having participated in numerous research and development and pilot plant projects, including field-scale upgraders. Some of our achievements include:
- Designing and installing the first ever Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) water treatment system for a Thermal I Heavy Oil Project
- Developing and patenting a Produced Water Treating process that eliminates the need for lime softeners
- Assisting in the development of a small scale gasifier for use in thermal heavy oil operations
- Utilizing a combination of desalination RO and MVC that resulted in near 100% water re-use system in a large Middle East Steam Injection Project, and
- Increasing WLS system performance to 20% above its design capacity.