WorleyParsons tailor our full-service coal-fired plant capabilities to improve heat rate availability, optimize cooling systems, and implement the latest pollution control innovations, providing the scale and flexibility to save time and money.
Coal-fired power generation projects of all technologies and configurations require the right contemporary solution to meet the need of our customers’ generation. Solid fuel designs are required to be utilized in every aspect of project execution. Improvements such as cooling system optimization, carbon management, and heat rate availability that can rapidly be implemented in both new and existing coal plants.
WorleyParsons works collaboratively with our customers to plan, prepare for, and execute major outages with minimal impact. We provide coal project designs that are compliant with the latest local environmental regulations, including supercritical pulverized coal and circulating fluidized bed boilers, to ensure all projects are sustainable and profitable.
The coal specialists within the WorleyParsons group have extensive experience in successfully delivering projects. Our core capabilities include:
- experience and expertise shaped through the design of hundreds of coal-fired units from 25 to 900 MW and stations as large as 2,700 MW that burn all types of coal.
- expertise in how to successfully deliver coal-fired power generation projects of all technologies and configurations to ensure the right contemporary solution for our customer’s generation needs.
- services in air quality are extensive with 15,000 MW of new flue gas desulfurization (FGD) design and installation.
- advised customers through 80 FGD unit studies and many successful regulatory compliance plans.
- placed 16,500 MW of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) into service and are currently implementing SCRs at five units totaling more than 1,600 MW, with 15,000 MW of FGD systems either completed or currently in progress, and 400 MW of mercury control projects.
- analyze all available AQC technology, which includes solving the specialty issues of mercury and carbon capture.
Responsible for the design of 38,000 MW of successful coal-fired projects worldwide, WorleyParsons has positioned itself an industry leader in conventional coal. WorleyParsons experience in supercritical power plant technology, solid-fuel plant designers and owner’s engineers is extensive.
WorleyParsons has successful provided full-service coal plant engineering to hundreds of customers worldwide. We have introduced technically innovative thinking to help customers identify, evaluate, screen, and pursue strategic opportunities. We also offer the best-in-class automated systems to engineer, design, and construction manage, and commission air quality systems.