Cost effective, quick and easy to install, maintenance free
|Filtered containment venting systems (FVCS) are crucial to nuclear power plants because they ensure the controlled depressurization of the containment atmosphere during the event of a severe accident. The FVCS works by protecting the containment integrity from overpressure, during which the radioactive gas-steam mixture from the containment is discharged into the system and radionuclides are removed.
|| In response to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident, when the radioactive contamination spread over large areas of Japan, WorleyParsons developed a fully passive FCVS with specific emphasis on small and lightweight components. Our system does not require any kind of surveillance or operator intervention and minimizes inspection and testing requirements during a regular nuclear power plant operation.|
- Retention capacity equal or better compared to current systems on the market
- Use of technology proven in various high-demand industries, including nuclear
- Modular, small and lightweight design to allow flexible positioning without the need for any additional civil structures
- Heat-up from trapped radioactive isotopes does not jeopardize integrity of the filter
- Possibility to install inside containment of pressurize water reactor (PWR) to maintain the containment fully as the last barrier for long-lived, radioactive substances
- No need for minimum operating pressure to allow complete depressurization of the containment
- No need for any operator intervention or surveillance during operation – operators can focus on other measures to contain the severe accident
- ‘Install and forget’ approach minimizes the additional burden on operators for maintenance and inspection work.
We have the subject matter experts and technology to help safeguard your projects in the unlikely event of an accident. To find out more, contact
|Director Strategic Project|
|Head of Process & Mechanical Department|