Wind Energy is one of the fastest growing renewable energy markets with over 250,000 MW installed globally. Wind turbines are an affordable and mature technology available in a range of sizes from hundreds of watts up to multi-megawatt giants. Wind turbines are integrated into main electricity grids in large wind farms or on smaller, islanded systems as individual machines.
Wind Energy is expected to have a growing role within electricity generation portfolios. Planning, developing and integrating wind projects across the social, environmental and technical landscape will be a challenge faced by customers. WorleyParsons effectively meets this challenge with experience, technical and business expertise.
The integration of wind turbines into existing electrical systems is a significant issue as renewable energy penetration increases. Our extensive knowledge across all system sizes examines and designs technical solutions to meet our customers’ requirements. In addition, our project delivery experience with different contracting styles, alliancing and new approaches to project construction benefits both asset owners and delivery firms by maximizing project value and aligning project drivers.
As wind energy installations grow in quantum and complexity, mature thinking around delivery becomes increasingly critical to our customers as competition builds and the most efficient and effective delivery methodology is sought.
Our wind energy specialists are experienced in both onshore and offshore wind projects, providing a full suite of professional services for wind developers, asset owners, investors and utilities including:
- Wind farm option studies and portfolio integration
- Full Owner’s Engineer and consulting services
- Project delivery methodology selection and management
- Project feasibility, site evaluation and cost analysis studies
- Balance of plant detailed engineering
- Project delivery management
- Network and system access studies
- Integration studies and enabling infrastructure design (such as energy storage)
- Performance assessment
- GIS based constraint analysis for site selection and interconnection route identification
- Transmission networks and grid interconnections
- Fatal flaw analysis and risk assessment
- Environmental services and permit applications
- Development of specifications for wind turbines and EPC/BOP contractors
- RFP management services
- Construction management services
- Operations and Maintenance services
- Strategic financial services to assist in developing optimal financial solutions
- Due Diligence for investment
WorleyParsons services and support covers all sizes and project phases of wind farm installations worldwide. Our experience ranges from single wind turbines integrated into remote, islanded power systems through to some of the largest wind farms in the world.
WorleyParsons has a growing focus on wind farm oeprations and maintenance. An example of this is our joint venture company "Transfield Worley Power Services" which operates and maintains wind farms in Australia, with a focus into South East Asia. Our longer term aim is to grow this business line into other parts of the world.