Engage your future with WorleyParsons.
WorleyParsons will help you shape the next vital phases in your career development and guide you to your ultimate objectives. That's why we've developed a truly innovative and dynamic Graduate Development Program that's been expertly structured to provide you with the maximum breadth and depth of engineering experience during your first three years in the workforce.
Graduate Development Programs are available in Australia/ New Zealand, Americas, Canada and Europe. Please create a profile in our online application system.
What we offer:
- Professional growth through a structured program focused on skill development
- Potential for travel and work on a number of challenging projects and within different cultural contexts
- A range of graduate positions. Disciplines to choose from include: engineering and design; project management; construction management; procurement; project controls and quality; finance; human resources; health, safety and environment; information technology and marketing communications
- Social engagements and opportunities to network and build professional relationships
- Achieve work life balance with a view to accommodate personal and professional priorities
- Globally recognized organization listed in the ASX top 50
What we look for:
- Strong academic background in the area applied for, complemented by some practical experience
- Ambition, drive, energy and the desire to learn and grow professionally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills supplemented by the ability to build enduring, strategic and long-lasting relationships whilst working with multiple teams
- Forward thinkers and problem solvers who innovate by challenging traditional ways
- Engagement in the community
Our Graduate Development program includes
Graduate Development Organizations (GDOs)
GDO is the collective voice of our graduates, supported by the collective insights of our top professionals. GDOs are established by graduates themselves and allow them to pool their resources—and ours—as they manage their careers.
The purpose of these organizations is to support graduate development and work with management to ensure the Graduate Development Program continues to be a success. The GDOs also bring networking opportunities to our graduates, facilitate the coordination of mentors and rotations, and ensure that the commitments made to GDP participants are fulfilled.
Mentor and Buddy Schemes
You'll never feel you're in unchartered territory, with your own personal guides at your side. Starting at a new company can be a daunting process, so you can chose a Mentor who will help you to set your career course within WorleyParsons. Our Mentors are senior employees who will take an active interest in your development, through a process of creating openness, sharing knowledge and valuing our organizational wisdom.
The Buddy program is also used to help you integrate into the company by giving you a point of contact who isn’t a Manager or Mentor, but rather a fellow, more experienced graduate.
Everything you need to clearly define all your goals—or even re-define them.
Rotations ensure that graduates receive exposure to a variety of projects, phases, sectors and locations. This program will further develop your breadth and depth of work experience and business management skills, while meeting your own career goals. Interstate and international rotation opportunities may be offered as part of your development.
Technical and professional development training
Taking you to the horizon of your own expectations—and beyond.
With WorleyParsons, your future isn't just about attaining your initial targets; it's about surpassing them and experiencing ongoing opportunities and increased capabilities, keeping you at the very forefront of your profession. Each year, in addition to the technical training offered that is discipline and role-specific, we offer special, customized business management courses, aimed at developing graduates into true all round professionals.
Networking and Social Events
The ideal foundations for the wonderful career—and invaluable relationships—you'll soon be building.
The GDO places high priority on networking and building strong relationships between members, both in and out of the workplace, through networking and social events such as corporate sports, charity events and after work mixers. This will smooth the way by introducing you to like-minded people of your own age group with whom you can share your learning experiences.
Local and Global Reach Via the Graduate Intranet Site
An internal intranet site provides an invaluable source of information for our graduates around the globe, including training presentations and notes, former and current issues of the graduate newsletters, general documentation, GDO organizational charts, a calendar of events, and a very lively discussion board! Also located on the site are images from GDO-sponsored events and a "Who’s Who" section with member profiles.
Our Application Process:
To apply, please create an applicant profile and upload your CV in Word Format and in a separate attachment upload your academic results to date.
All successful applicants will be required to provide a certified copy of their academic transcript upon commencement of employment.
2. Telephone interview
If your application successfully demonstrates that you meet our requirements, one of our team members will call you to gain a better understanding of your experience and where you would like to head in your career.
3. Assessment Centre
For many of our graduate opportunities, selection involves an assessment center. Our typical assessment activities include: group work, presentations, technical exercises and interview.
Read Graduate Testimonials