INTECSEA assisted Chevron in evaluating field development options and supported their steps through the concept selection process. Following concept selection, INTECSEA worked as part of Chevron’s FEED Team to develop the technical requirements for the Blind Faith subsea system. INTECSEA provided support as part of the customer team managing detailed design and construction.
- During pre-concept - produced a detailed cost estimate
- During concept selection - identified viable field development options, developed these options for evaluation, produced detailed cost estimates for each option, evaluated the options and supported the selection process
- During FEED - developed functional and technical requirements for the subsea systems and provided bid support during bid evaluations
- During execution - provided technical support, procurement management, and construction oversight.
INTECSEA’s scope of work included all subsea systems: trees, manifolds, controls, umbilicals, jumpers, PLETs, flowlines and risers.
INTECSEA also provided support for evaluation of hull structure studies and flow assurance, and evaluated some key technologies being considered for the Blind Faith Field Development, which included:
- Artificial lift
- Subsea multiphase pumps
- Subsea multiphase flowmeters
- High Integrity Pipeline Protection Systems (HIPPS)
- Electrical flowline heating
- Subsea distribution for chemical injection