WorleyParsons prepared a development master plan for the Ma’aden Industrial City at Ras Az Zawr on the Arabian Gulf in Saudi Arabia. The project area encompasses a large phosphate complex processing phosphate ore (324Ha), an alumina refinery and aluminium smelter (1066Ha), 1800MW power station, a downstream industry complex (2139Ha) and accommodation village (240Ha).
WorleyParsons is responsible for the preparation of a master plan optimizing the layout of industry on the site and identifying strategic infrastructure corridors for common users and private infrastructure access as well as undertaking various FEED studies required to finalize key elements of the plan.
WorleyParsons highly specialized personnel provided the following services:
- Optimization of site layout
- Identification of infrastructure corridors
- Preliminary harbor design
- Detailed 3D thermal plume modeling for cooling water discharge scenarios
- Provision of inputs to the environmental clearances process
- Development of a drainage master plan
- Concept design of key roads, intersections and interchanges
- Preparation of traffic studies to determine future traffic volumes
The master planning effort was led by our Perth office and included team members from various WorleyParsons offices world wide.
The project, together with the related infrastructure, represented an investment of US$2.5b.