Particular features of this plant were the high focus on operational aspects and sustainability.
The project was delivered in an Alliance framework. WorleyParsons provided all engineering disciplines required to deliver the design and was extensively involved in plant construction and commissioning.
- Micro-tunnelling for the seawater inlet and brine discharge pipes.
- Membrane filtration as the method for pre-treatment.
- Split-hybrid membrane loading configurations - reduced operating pressure of the first pass reverse osmosis system.
- Reverse osmosis racks designed from scratch - eliminating all fabrication and operational (leaking) issues.
- Unique reverse osmosis building and piping layout - specifically developed to limit pump noise in the membrane area
Awarded ‘International Desalination Plant of the Year - 2012’ by the International Desalination Association
Delivered the first large plant in the world to use membrane filtration as a method of pre-treatment