- Flexible delivery routes for crude oil to various markets. Future production would exceed pipeline capacities.
- Planning to provide crude oil export capacity when pipelines are unavailable.
- Challenges with commercial and technical negotiations for flexible use of state and private oil terminals, ports, rail and sea transport in five countries within the FSU.
- Challenges co-ordinating operational planning of several state and private railways with financing, design and construction of economical packages of transport, transshipment, storage and handling facilities upgrades by state and private organizations in five countries.
WorleyParsons conducted feasibility studies and resource calculations for loading facilities, storage and transhipment terminals, rail facilities and trunk routes.
We were also responsible for coordinating design activities on interlinked private and state managed railway systems, state and private terminals and sea ports in several countries.
- Optimized infrastructure and resource requirements for state railways making significant savings for the customer
- Helped devise stage payment regime for contractors on the state railway (first of its kind in Kazakhstan)