To commercialise the Tonkolili Resource, AML, with WorleyParsons as the lead engineering consultant, will execute an integrated greenfield development through the construction of new facilities, which include:
- A new mine and ore processing plant at Tonkolili, to produce 45 Mtpa of magnetite concentrate;
- Approximately 200km of new standard gauge, heavy haul railway from Tonkolili to Tagrin Point;
- A new deepwater port and associated infrastructure at Tagrin Point suitable for loading vessels up to Cape size for the export of 45 Mtpa iron ore concentrate; and,
- All associated support infrastructure to deliver and operate the project safely and successfully.
- At the mine, the project development will comprise an open cut mine, ROM pad, the minerals processing facilities and support infrastructure such as raw water dam, tailings storage facility, power, water, access roads, air terminal, accommodation facilities, workshops, warehouses, laboratories and administration buildings and train loading facility
Key results include:
- Complete PFS and DFS in industry best practice timeframe of
- eight months and work completed on budget;
- Social and environmental management closely integrated into
- final DFS solution;
- Smooth interface when provided input from centres of experience in UK, Australian and South African WorleyParsons offices.