The Hydrocarbon sector's areas of expertise in Select cover:
- Greenfield development
- Brownfield optimization
- Strategic planning
- Financial analysis
Select adds value to customers through independent specialist services and advice on project assessment and selection.
WorleyParsons regional strength across all major international oil and gas centers ensures that our personnel are familiar with the challenges posed by new field development – including those in remote, hostile and logistically demanding environments. Local knowledge, combined with international experience ensures that development options are reviewed at both a technological and practical level, and the opportunities, costs and risks are carefully evaluated at the concept selection stage.
Select provides a range of services to assist customers with new field developments, including:
- Pre-feasibility and screening studies to determine the best options available for any development
- Assistance with appraisal data interpretation and high level facility sizing
- Advice on modularization and logistics management
- Development of high level cost and risk analysis for option screening purposes
- Technology assessment and selection
- The development of probabilistic cost estimates and schedules to quantify the degree of certainty in the subsequent investment decisions
- Contract strategy development
- Project execution planning
Select utilizes an extensive range of industry recognized and in-house developed tools, in conjunction with proven project management and delivery process.
WorleyParsons, through its involvement in over 120 long term and integrated service contracts, is extensively engaged in the operation and maintenance of onshore and offshore hydrocarbon facilities.
Consequently, we have first hand experience of the demands placed on operators, who are often required to balance aging assets with a need to increase production, maintain or improve safety and environmental performance. Through these relationships, Select has delivered a diverse range of solutions, customized to best meet the customer’s business needs. This focus on business benefit ensures that the capital expenditure program will deliver the best results in both the short and long term, while meeting the safety, availability and integrity objectives.
- Facility performance review and opportunity identification
- Feasibility studies to debottleneck plants
- Enhancement project ranking to ensure that CAPEX spend delivers optimum return on investment
- Facility performance benchmarking
- Technology selection and advice on current industry best practice
Select has access to an extensive range of specialist tools to deliver these results, including:
- Reliability and Availability Modeling (RAM) software
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) software
- Project ranking and prioritization
Select is a trusted source of independent strategic advice and support to owners, operators, partners, investors and governments. This qualification enables customers to be confident that the advice given reflects the best interests of their business – whatever the challenge.
Areas of expertise include:
- Acquisition due diligence
- Owner’s engineer
- Banker’s engineer
- Independent research
- Technology evaluation and due diligence
Select understands the business value chain from reservoir to market. This provides Select with a unique perspective on the supply side economics of both new development and brownfield projects. Coupled with it established relationships with established economic consulting groups, Select is able to provide a complete project financial and economic modeling service to meet the customers development needs.