WorleyParsons can provide the full range of geotechnical services to select, design, construct and manage tunnelling projects.
Our capability ranges from horizontal directional drilling of pipes, through jacking of small utility tunnels to major cut-and-cover, bored or mined tunnels for road, rail and utility networks, dams and mining projects. Our experience encompasses deep soft soils through to hard rock terrain. Our tunnelling services include:
- Design, procurement and supervision of surveys and investigations
- Project conceptual design, including route and vertical alignment selection
- Drilled, jacked, mined and bored tunnel method selection and detailed design
- Deep excavation temporary and permanent works detailed design
- Ground movement prediction and mitigation
- Analysis of interaction with adjacent buildings and infrastructure
- Groundwater management, including dewatering and recharge systems
- Instrumentation selection, installation, monitoring and interpretation
- Construction advice and supervision
These services can be integrated with M&E and Fire & Life Safety aspects of tunnel design utilising the expertise of other disciplines within WorleyParsons. Particular areas of experience are in metropolitan rail systems, road and cable tunnels.